I'm sure you have heard the phrase "You are what you eat." Well, proper nutrition for your dog is just as important as it is for you! What you feed your dog will determine, for a large part, how long your pet will live, how she looks, and how much energy the dog has.
Feeding your dog the wrong diet can be disastrous. It may be hard to resist those begging eyes and slip some table scraps to your best friend. And in many cases there would be no harm done. But certain table scraps should never be given to the dog, or serious consequences could result. So, just as important as what is best to feed your dog is what not to feed your dog.
Here, we will discuss that topic, as well as the following:
- Dog food - which types are best.
- Puppy food - puppies require special diet. Learn all about it here.
- Natural dog food - Is natural food better than commercial dog food?
- Raw dog food - Dogs love raw meat, but some can be dangerous. Find out here.
- Dry dog food - Which dry dog foods are best for your pet?
- Moist dog food - should you feed your dog on this diet?
- Prescription dog food - Some dogs require prescription dog food due to a number of reasons. Find out why and how here.
- Changes to your dogs nutritional needs as she ages.
Dog nutrition is something that every dog owner should be familiar with, to ensure a long, happy, and rewarding life with their dog.