Iams dog food discussion and overall rating
Iams dog food is currently made by Proctor and Gamble Pet Care. It was initially founded by an animal nutritionist named Paul Iams, who also created Eukanuba dog food. P&G bought out Iams in 1999 for $2.3 billion. Some say the quality of the dog food went down with that aquisition. In April, 2014, P&G announced that it would be selling most of its pet food brands, including Iams, to Mars for $2.9 billion.
On 8/14/2013, Iams had a voluntary limited recall for some pet foods manufactured in a 10-day window at one of their manufacturing locations. This was because of the potential for Salmonella.
Ethoxyquin may be a concern to some potential customers, since ethoxyquin can cause damage to your dogs liver. However, Iams denies that any of their products contain ethoxyquin. From their website, Iams admits using Ethoxyquin in some of their products, including some veterinary diets.
Ethoxyquin is an antioxidant that stabilizes fat and protects the nutrient value of the food, including the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Ethoxyquin has been proven to be safe and effective and is used in Eukanuba Veterinary Diets to protect the delicate fatty acids.
Iams product list
The following varieties of dog food are provided by Iams. Click on the link to read the review.
Iams ProActive Health
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Chunks
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Lamb Meal & Rice
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Large Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Small & Toy Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control
- Iams ProActive Health Adult Weight Control Large Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Mature Adult
- Iams ProActive Health Mature Adult Large Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Mature Adult Small & Toy Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Senior Plus
- Iams ProActive Health Senior Plus Large Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Original
- Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Small & Toy Breed
- Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Large Breed
Iams Premium Protection
- Mature Adult
- Senior Plus
Iams Veterinary Formula
- Skin & Coat Plus Response FP
- Intestinal Plus Low-Residue Adult
- Intestinal Plus Low-Residue Puppy
- Weight Loss Rewards Plus Restricted-Calorie Rewards
- Renal Plus
- Glucose and Weight Control Plus Optimum Weight Control
- Skin & Coat Plus Response KO
- Weight Loss/Mobility Plus Restricted-Calorie
- Joint Plus Joint
This is your chance to add your feedback. Is your dog currently eating >Iams dog food? Have you noticed any changes in your dog since you started feeding >Iams? Have any further questions not answered here? Let us know your thoughts.